How-To: My Perfect Eyeliner & Winged Look

Here's a post for my easy eyeliner how-to and getting the perfect winged eyeliner using liquid liner.
When it comes to my make-up most people comment on my winged eyeliner the most!
How do I do it?
How do I get a perfectly precise line?
How long does it take me? What do I use etc, etc!!

I pretty much do the winged liner nearly everyday and have been for a few years and I've perfected it in the best way I know how. So to me it comes eaisly and I can do it super fast. It can be tricky, especially for beginners but with practice makes perfect!

To start you need..
A black pencil liner & a black liquid liner.


The pencil liner I use is MAC's Black Engraved liner. Its a smooth eyeliner that can be applied eaisly. Try get a soft liner thats eaisly slid across your skin, there is nothing worse than an eyeliner thats cheap & drags your eyelid skin- OUCH!
A trick to making it smoother is burning it with a lighter for 1.5 SECONDS only!!
You don't want it to catch on fire, you just wanna warm and soften it up!


The easiest liquid liner I suggest to use is a 'pen' style liquid liner.
My favourite and the one I use is MAC's Penultimate liner. I canno't love these two eyeliner products enough!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!

After you have completed the eyeshadow you want to wear for the day you can start!



Firstly I take my pencil liner and line my tightline.


Tightlining is when you apply liner to your upper lash line, right at the waterline to make your eyes stand out and give the illusion of fuller, darker lashes and bigger eyes. The idea may scare some people, but it's really quite easy.
Gently pushing your eyelid back line the little space of skin between your eyeball and your lashes.

Next I do this little trick that most people don't do but I recommend it, (especially for beginners), just to fill in any gaps incase you miss drawing a perfect line with your liquid.


Pencil line your eyelid starting from your inner corner to the outer corner staying as close the your lashes as possible.

Now you can take your liquid liner and starting from the inner corner draw over top of the pencil you just did. Line using small strokes, this makes it eaiser to get a straighter line and this also controls how thick you make the line. Continue this untill you get to the outter corner of your eye.


Next.. Winging it!


I carry out the line from the outter corner to however long I want my wing to go. (Start off with a short wing first as it's eaiser to start off shorter, fill in and then extend out rather than going to far and having to start again!!).


Then I open my eye and join the wing together in a triangle and then fill it in.


Take a look, straighten out the liner if theres any bumps, make it thicker if you perfer and extend out to however big you want your 'wing' to be.


Finally I take my pencil again and line my lower water line.


Finish off your eyes with lashings of mascara and you have my eyeliner routine!
Like I said, practice makes perfect so the more you try this out the eaiser it gets!
Promise, easy as pie!


Hope this helps you all with using liquid liner and getting a winged effect!

My 22nd Birthday in 2days! Whatttttt! Excite!


3 comments:

  1. I wish I could do winged liner like this. It look so neat!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive!
    Great makeup skills!
    I remember that it took about a month to learn how to do a straight line! It's all about practice!

    If you want, check out my blog:
    http://thescentofglamour.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...